WhatsApp is an incredibly popular messaging app available for both Android and iPhone. Despite having been available since 2009, the application is currently seeing a surge in usage and popularity and is constantly rolling out new features to entice new users. WhatsApp allows you to send text messages, file attachments, pictures, and videos to other contacts. Furthermore, it has a feature that allows users to share pictures with each other so that the picture can be shared with everyone. In this article, we will see how to restore WhatsApp chat on Android or iPhone especially we will discuss how to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud. To transfer WhatsApp backup data to a new iPhone or Android device, follow the article below:
Part 1: How to Restore WhatsApp Chat Backup from iCloud/Google Drive
Restore Your WhatsApp Chats from iCloud
This first option requires you to use iTunes to restore WhatsApp backup from iCloud. If you’re an iPhone user, you’re most likely using iTunes. The process for this step-by-step guide will be different on an iPhone or Android device. This will be extremely tedious for a computer or Chromebook running Mac OS or Chrome OS.
On iPhone, you can restore your WhatsApp backups from iCloud using iTunes. In order to get started, you’ll need to enable iCloud backup on your iPhone by going to Settings – iCloud – iTunes & App Store and then tapping on your name to view your iCloud storage plan. Once you view the storage plan, you will see iCloud Backup and iTunes Backup. Tap on both of them to make sure that they are enabled. Also, go to Settings – iTunes & App Store – iCloud – Manage Storage and click on your iCloud backup.
Restore Your WhatsApp Chats from Google Drive
You can use Google Drive to transfer WhatsApp backups from Google Drive on Windows and Mac. This option will work with both Android and iOS devices. You will first need to create a new Google account for this method. Once you have created a new account, you will need to go to the Google Drive website, click on the Drive menu, and then click on Saved Items.
This will take you to your Google Drive account, where you can click on Chat backup from the top menu bar. You can also transfer your WhatsApp chats from Google Drive just by logging into your WhatsApp account and then go to Settings> click on Chat History> and then Click on Backup. Your Backup will start and your chat history stored in your given google drive will start to restore in your WhatsApp chats.
Part 2: Restore WhatsApp Backup to Android or iPhone without Deleting WhatsApp
You can use other ways to transfer WhatsApp backup to android or iPhone. However, we cannot guarantee the same result for every method. We will use ChatMover to recover WhatsApp backup as below:
ChatMover Key Features
It has some following amazing features:
- Safe & Easy – ChatMover is a free and reliable tool which does not delete any WhatsApp data from your Android phone. This means your contacts, chats and photos will be restored to your phone. It also allows you to restore messages and media to their original formats.
- Simply Copy Chat History – With a click of a button you will be able to copy your WhatsApp chat history without deleting any WhatsApp messages. This means you can restore your WhatsApp backups in the exact format that you saved them to your phone.
- Transfer Chat History Across Multiple Phones – You can transfer all your WhatsApp backups to your Android smartphone. This makes it easy to access your chat history and message history from different mobile phones.
- Manage & Recover All Chat History – ChatMover is great for recovering WhatsApp backups in the original formats. You can easily recover all of your chats just like the way you saved them.
How to Restore WhatsApp Using ChatMover
- Go to ChatMover website.
- Click on the Join Now button.
- Click on the Sign in button.
- Enter your email address in the below form.
- Log In with your Google Account.
- Select Recover WhatsApp Chat History option in the log in page.
- Click on the Chat History button to start the backup process.
- All your WhatsApp backups will be transferred to your android phone. All you have to do now is to click on the connect button to complete the process. This will transfer your WhatsApp backups across your Android devices.
Don’t lose your precious WhatsApp chats. ChatMover is the best tool that will help you in recovering your WhatsApp backups without losing any data. Use this tool now and save your chat histories on your Android devices. This guide will help you to restore your WhatsApp backups on android/iPhone. If you still have some questions regarding the above steps, please leave your comment below.
Sharing is caring!